Saturday, March 21, 2009

Jonah 1:1 - 4:11


Nine: It was amazing that God sent that big whale shark to eat Jonah, then vomit him out in three days. We should obey God or something bad will happen.

Twelve: God punished Jonah by putting him in the whale for not obeying God. Everything worked out in the end. We should obey God or there will be consequences.

Forty-seven: I was pretty intrigued by the word "hurled" about God sending the storm at the ship Jonah was on, but maybe I just live with too many baseball players. My guys argued about exactly what the "fish" was. My youngest is my animal scientist and won't accept whale as a fish so instead he chooses the whale shark which is the largest fish in the ocean. 

It's easy to be like Jonah and want God to do what we want Him to do instead of what He will do. Yet we never succeed in that desire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment